So, I did a crazy thing and signed up for Nerd Wars, a three month long yarny things tournament over at the Ravelry forums. There are several challenge categories, each of which issues a new challenge each month of the tournament. One of the categories is Giving Geeks, a charity based challenge. For October, we were challenged to "think beyond pink" and do something charitable for cancer. Either directly or indirectly, with donations of time, money or goodies all being appropriate. Because the other categories had me making things I was sure my family/friends had a use for, or need for, I decided I'd try and make a hat to fit each other challenge, and then donate the lot to the oncology ward at the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne.

Sadly, that picture doesn't show off many of the cute designs, or the true awesomeness that is the batman hat/mask:

I'll try not to add too many pictures to this post, but there are just two more I needed to share, to give you a truer feel for the hat.



Of course, if you are on Ravelry, you can see all my work, including these hats, on my projects page, but be warned, I post photos as soon as a project is finished, so there are swap spoilers, which you won't ever find on this blog.