Hot off the hook - in fact, I only finished it yesterday morning, but I'm so proud of this piece I had to rush it to the front of the blog queue. It's Astro Boy! I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid, although I was so young I only remember the one episode - the one where he got his "sister". The ending was so traumatic for my three or four year old self I remember it decades later.

Sewing his hair spikes on, on the train, I brought smiles and fond memories to other children of the 80s, now mothers carting their own children around for the school holidays, sparking many conversations of how our cartoons in the 80s were so much better than the rubbish the kids get today.

The pattern isn't free, but the level of detail and the results really speak for themselves. You can buy it on Ravelry or via the CRAFTYisCOOL website.