Last week I showed you the Wash cloth I made for the Whedonverse swap, now it's time to pull out the big guns. This was the main item I sent my partner. She had a crocheted Spike doll on her wist, that was way above my ability level, with the decreases and such to create cheekbones, and she also had lots of Joker amigurumis, including a Joker Sockmonkey. Which gave me the idea, to make a Spike Sockmonkey.

It took a few goes to get the cheekbones a way I liked them, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's full of little details, like a flat patch in his vampy eyebrows where the scar is, and his fluffy blond hair, which also tops the end of his tail.

His shirt tails are crocheted over the tops of his furry pants, and his jacket is only attached by his arms, so it flaps loosely. I left a bit out of the middle of the back so his tail could freely swing through. I used a total of three different black yarns on this project. One plain black, for his shoes and tshirt, one shinier black for the coat and arms, and a slightly furry black for his pants. That's not canon in anyway, I just thought it would be neat if he had furry pants. (Because then we have an excuse to rub them) And little fangs on his muzzle.

It's the little things that really add up to make a project special, and those little bits are the bits I like best, that really make the character in an amigurumi stand out and sparkle. It's the most fiddly part, but also the most fun.